Since I was totally MIA over New Years, I didn’t get a chance to talk to you guys about my goals for this year! I have only recently gotten into “New Years resolutions.” I know that many people don’t believe in them, and many more people don’t follow through with them; but I really enjoy them! When I have something written down in list form, I’m much more likely to do it! So here it is….
Goals for 2014
- Run a 10k– I have done three 5k’s and two half marathons, but I have never completed a 10k race! My friend and I are signed up for the GCU Run to Fight Children’s Cancer. I’m so excited to do another race with my friend, and I love what this race supports!
- Run 2 Half Marathons– Since I ran two half marathons in 2013, I wanted to keep it up and run (at least) another two this year! I really love this distance and hope to do many more in the future!
- Run at least 6 races total– Aside from my two half marathons and 10k that I plan on doing, I want to get three more races in for a total of six for the year! Of course I would love to do more, but six is my minimum. Ben and I are signed up to run the Redneck Run 5k in April!
- Run (at least) 600 miles and walk/hike (at least) 400 miles– To be honest, I have no idea if this is a reasonable goal or not! It might be too much or it might be too little…who knows! I do know that I will easily get my walking miles in, but running will be a bit more of a challenge; I’m ready for it! I’m excited to cover at least 1,000 miles this year 🙂
- Sign up for a full marathon– I am SO excited and also SO nervous about this one! This has been on the back of my mind for a few months now, and it is definitely on my bucketlist. That being said, I am still relatively new to distance running (and running in general). However, I think that now is the time! I am young, healthy, and don’t have any ridiculous commitments that would keep me from training. I’m most likely going to sign up for the Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon in 2015!
- Weigh 135 pounds- I’m no longer crazy-obsessed with my weight as I used to be, but I do want to keep it in check. I think that 135 lbs. would be a good goal for me at this point. I likely weigh somewhere around 142-145, although I haven’t been weighing myself much lately. I plan on losing a few pounds by incorporating more strength training and eating a lot more fruits and veggies!
- Do two things that I can add to my resume– Right now, my resume is pretty weak. I’m not really into trying new things, so it turns out I haven’t done much in my life! Go figure. I plan on volunteering and looking into internships!
What are your goals for 2014?
Have you ever ran a full marathon?