April is upon us! Last week I mentioned that April is going to be a busy month for me. I’m so glad that it’s finally here! There’s lots going on 🙂
- Ben and I are running the Redneck Run 5k this Saturday! I’m thinking it’s going to be tough cause it’ll be hot outside, but I know it will still be lots of fun! I’m excited to have a Saturday to run and just hang out, and not have to go to work 😉
- On the 26th of April, Ben and I are going up to Prescott for a wedding! I love weddings, so I’m super excited 🙂 it’s up on a ranch with a slightly rustic theme, so that’s even better!
- The Girls on the Run 5k is April 27th! That weekend sure is going to be a busy one for me! I’m so excited to run with the girls and see all of their hard work finally pay off. Following the race, we will have our end of season banquet where the parents can watch their girls get acknowledged. We are also having a pasta party the night before the race, but I won’t be able to attend because I will be at the wedding. Bittersweet!
- Fitfluential April Abs Challenge is happening! I like challenges that give me a set schedule, so this is nice for me. Tuesday, I didn’t know there was a calendar so I started with a 1:00 plank. It was tough! I used to be able to plank for a couple of minutes, but I’m clearly a little more out of shape now. I think now I will scale back to follow the calendar 🙂
- I’m also doing the Lorna Jane 31 Day Squat Challenge! Again, I used to be able to do a lot of squats, but the first 30 killed me! I considered doing just body weight squats, but I decided to add two 10 pound dumbbells for an extra challenge. I love that I’m already feeling it in my glutes!
- On the Saturdays that I’m not busy, I’ll be working. I also have quite a few exams this month since school will be out soon. It’ll be a busy month, but I’m ready for it!
Do you have any big plans for this month?