You’ve probably been noticing me talking a lot about books on the blog lately. I’m going through a bit of a book-obsessed phase.
I’m not complaining.
I’ve mentioned it before, but reading allows us to transport ourselves into a completely different world. I can’t get enough of it.
In honor of reading, here are some of my all-time favorite book quotes!
- “I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly, and then all at once.” – John Green, The Fault in Our Stars
- “If people were rain, I was drizzle and she was a hurricane.” – John Green, Looking for Alaska
- “The only way out of the labyrinth of suffering is to forgive.” – John Green, Looking for Alaska
- “I have a theory that selflessness and bravery aren’t all that different.” – Veronica Roth, Divergent
- “Like a wild animal, the truth is too powerful to remain caged.” – Veronica Roth, Insurgent
- “We believe in ordinary acts of bravery, in the courage that drives one person to stand up for another.” – Veronica Roth, Divergent – from the Dauntless Manifesto (look it up. read it)
- “Human beings as a whole cannot be good for long before the bad creeps back in and poisons us again.” – Veronica Roth, Divergent
- “One sees clearly only with the heart. What is essential is invisible to the eye.” – Antoine de Saint-Exupery, The Little Prince
- “Men have no more time to understand anything. They buy things all ready made at the shops. But there is no shop anywhere where one can buy friendship, and so men have no friends anymore.” – Antoine de Saint-Exupery, The Little Prince
- “I will be my undoing, if I become my obsession.” – Veronica Roth, Abnegation Manifesto
- “‘After all this time?’ ‘Always,’ said Snape.” – J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
I’m sure you can sense the Young Adult theme in the books and the authors! #noshame
I hope I hope I hope that you will look into some of these books! They are truly fabulous and I cannot recommend them enough.
Have you read any of these books?
What are your favorite books?
What are your favorite book quotes?
Who are your favorite authors?