Hey everyone! Oh my goodness, it’s been so long. I’ve missed being on my little blog, but the (long) break that I took was much needed. I hope everyone has been doing well! I thought I’d give you a (long) list about what’s been up in my life since I saw you last!
- I took my last final yesterday and, man, this has been the hardest semester of my life. Learning to balance work, school, and hanging with Ben has been tough, and let’s just say that when I wasn’t working, there was a little too much hanging with Ben and not enough school work. Whoops. Lesson learned- I didn’t do very well on my finals this semester and that’s not something I want to experience again.
- I cut my hair! I was itching for a change and hoped that cutting my hair off would get it healthy, get it closer to my full natural color, and make me look a little older. Missions 1 and 2 were accomplished, mission 3- not so much! I tend to look like a 12 year old when I cut my hair off! Ha! Oh well. I still love it. It’s much more manageable, takes less time to style, and just feels all around healthier.
- I turned 20. It’s a little weird to not be in my teens anymore. It’s kind of a reminder that “real life” is approaching quicker and quicker! I got all sorts of fun gifts, including: A HUGE workout mat from Ben, a couple of scarves, an electric tea kettle, a Tiffany blue handheld mixer, new makeup and chapstick, and new Reebok Skyscapes (LOVE- will be doing a review on these soon). Although I had to work on my actually birthday, I had a great birthday weekend. I got to hang out with Ben all day Saturday, and with Ben and my parents Saturday night. It was all relaxation, food, and fun, and no homework- just what I needed. The picture below is of the peanut butter chocolate bundt cake that Ben’s mom made me!
- Hmmm….Thanksgiving! Man was that weekend exhausting! I worked from 4pm to midnight on Thanksgiving day, 4pm to 10pm on Black Friday, and 4pm to 10pm Saturday. My body was wiped! And somewhere in there I ran 10 miles. It was cray. #retaillife
- Speaking of running, our half marathon is THIS SUNDAY. It’s getting real people! I’m a little nervous because training was so rough. But my friend and I already talked about it and decided that we are going to just have a fantastic time and talk and walk as much as we would like. I feel more comfortable knowing that we’re both okay with making it laid back. I’m getting excited! We’re running the Fiesta Bowl Half Marathon and we will be staying at a hotel out in Scottsdale the night before the race to save us from extra morning stress.
- One last thing about running! My dad and I ran a 5k together! It was my dad’s first race ever and I was super excited to be able to do it with him. We ran the St. Nick at Night 5k. There were some serious coordination issues that were pretty annoying, but it was there first year doing the race in this location so I guess I should cut them a little slack! All in all, I really loved this race and hope to do it again next year. We ran around a resort in the Scottsdale area, and it was beautiful! We got to run the last portion of the race on the golf course which was pretty awesome. Since it was at night, it was nice and cool. I typically don’t like night runs, but I would do this one again just because I loved the course so much.
- Our tree is up! We tend to alternate back and forth between real and fake trees. Since our family was so busy around the holiday this year, we decided to put up our fake tree. Well we got it put up and all plugged in and there was a huge section that wouldn’t light! Whomp whomp. We went out the next day and bought a new one. We ended up going with a 9 foot tall (we have tall ceilings) Martha Stewart tree. When we first put it up, all I could think about was how skinny it is! We’re used to rather wide trees and this one is pretty tall and narrow. Now that I’ve gotten used to it, I actually love it! I think it’s so pretty and because it’s so narrow we actually have a lot more room to walk around it.
- I can’t tell you how happy I am that it’s Christmas time. This is absolutely without a doubt my favorite time of the year. Decorations, music, movies, cookies…I love it all!
- After the half marathon, I plan on starting Kayla Itsines Bikini Body Guide! I can’t tell you how excited I am for this. I’m pretty over the whole running thing at this point and can’t wait to start strength training again. If you ever need some motivation, just check out all the transformation pictures on her Instagram page. Holy cow! Needless to say, I’m pretty pumped.
I guess that’s about it for now! I’m super excited to take this next month of my break to rejuvenate, catch up on sleep, workout, eat some good food, and just regroup before I have to go back to school. I’m also super excited to be back on the blog! Have a great day, friends, and I’ll catch ya later!